Veyo Works From Home – Episode 1
April 2, 2020
After almost three weeks of working from home, we’re starting to get into a groove here at Veyo. Daily video conference calls, lots of Slack, and mini breaks to make sure we still get those steps in. As we settle into a routine, we wanted to share a few fun ideas that we’ve found to help make working from home a little more interesting. Read on for fun ideas to help you set up your office, entertain your kids, and entertain yourself!
- Wish you could see everyone at once? You can! Try this great Chrome Plugin and make Hangouts more like Zoom. Here’s one of our latest hangouts!
- Host a happy hour for your team! Play games, host a watch party, have a virtual lunch, or create a theme for your meetings. Our tech team has been hosting weekly Friday happy hours via video:
Tips to Work from Home:
- 5 ways to work from home more efficiently thanks to the Harvard Business Review.
- 23 Essential Tips for Working Remotely from Inc.
- 7 Essential Tips for working remote during the Covid-19 pandemic from Google.
- Get into a work-from-home mindset with a few TED videos.
Looking for something to do after work?
- Have a library card? Check out what your local library has to offer! Download the Libby app to check out digital books or audiobooks and download the Kanopy app to stream thousands of films for free, thanks to the generous support of your public library or universities.
- Love Ballet? The Russian Bolshoi theater will be live-streaming their performances for the first time ever.
- Into Esports? Check out the Chipotle Challenger Series.
- Missing out on live concerts? Now you don’t have to! Find out what’s streaming this weekend from your favorite artists.
- Need more musicals in your house? Catch Andrew Lloyd Webber musicals online, starting with Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat this Friday, April 3rd!
Not quite ready to go to the grocery store?
- Support your local Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) and order a local produce box.
- Order in! Most delivery services are offering a discount for local restaurant orders. In many markets Uber Eats has a $0 delivery fee for any local restaurants right now.
- Looking for something a little more creative? Make your own ShakeShack burger with this DIY ShakeShack burger kit.
To keep the littles entertained:
- Tour a zoo with Zoo webcams. Many zoos around the country have great webcams already in place. Check out zoo cams from San Diego, Washington DC , and Atlanta.
- Prefer looking under the sea? The Monterey Bay Aquarium has live cams too!
- Tired of singing Let it Go or Into the Unknown with your kids? Put the Disney Plus down and treat your kids to Frozen Yoga.
- Lots of legos or toys sitting around? Grab your smartphone and create a stop-motion video.
- Rev up your story time! Audible recently announced that all their Stories on Audible are free to stream.
- Get crafty and create a Thank You sign for First Responders and those in the Medical Field with stuff you already have at home.
- Check out Harry Potter at Home! Expelliarmus!
We’ll be back with more ideas next week. From all of us at Veyo, stay safe and stay home!