VP of Market Operations
Veyo is using its platform and app-based transportation services to reinvent the medical logistics world. Our company is using technology to pioneer new operational models to help make transportation more powerful and more reliable for the healthcare industry.
We’re looking for smart, fun-loving people to join our team, and are currently in search of a VP of Market Operations to manage our business in local markets.
Read on, and if the company and role sound interesting, please send us a resume and a brief description of why you think you’d be a good fit.
- Provide leadership for regional and local market offices, identify “on the ground” challenges and help remove barriers to provide superior service
- Support the local offices with public relations, special interest groups, legislators, and 3rd party providers to create superior community partnerships
- Partner with local leadership to set goals, create financial and operational performance targets and build a high performing culture
- Oversee Market Strategy to build out detailed market/regional office operational plan template, iteratively improve and refine
- Oversee Supply organization to ensure appropriate, cost effective supply is available in all markets, including overseeing the strategy around Veyo’s IDP network
- Build and manage financial and operational plans for local offices and each customer (as needed), including supply optimization
- Collaborate with Finance team to build budget and performance targets/forecasts for each local office, create a system of visibility and accountability to performance
- Work with Operations Management and Executive Leadership to understand product roadmap, capabilities, business development goals, and operational/growth plan
- Become an expert in Veyo’s proprietary systems and collaborate with internal Product, Data Science, Platform, and Mobile teams to ensure that those tools are available and understood by local and regional teams and used to their full potential
- Work with Legal & Compliance team to understand all operational, legal, and regulatory requirements in markets to ensure that they are factored into operational plans
- Understand how to forecast/model trips, modes, utilization, mileage, costs, driver recruitment, etc., and build and manage reliable pricing and profitability models
- Be a bridge between the operational needs of the local businesses and the technology team by making recommendations to assist with tracking/reporting, modeling, analytics, and business intelligence tools and dashboards (for profitability and performance)
Our ideal candidates will have some or all of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA from top tier business school preferred
- 10-15 years of operational experience, preferably with a technology company. Experience with healthcare or transportation industries a plus
- Investment banking, VC, or other significant financial analysis background a plus
- Proven ability to build and lead teams and manage competing needs
- Highly analytical, comfortable working with data and statistics, experience with business intelligence and modeling, and operational analytics funnels
- Comfortable with technology including computers, mobile applications, and software tools. Experience with a SAAS-based platform is a definite plus
Must possess some or all of the following demonstrable skills:
- Strategic thinking
- Strong leadership abilities, including the ability to build and manage a team
- Strong technical and quantitative skills
- Analytical and decisive
- Flexible to accommodate changes in the business, strategy, and technology
We like the following personality traits: Friendly, social, outgoing, positive, passionate, cool under pressure, detail-oriented, deadline oriented, quick learner, multi-tasker, great sense of humor.
We’re looking for people that love the opportunity to be involved in strategy and management at the top level, but also aren’t scared to get their hands dirty and do what needs to be done to make things happen! We move quickly, and our team doesn’t know the meaning of “not my job.” We want people that want to get things done and can check their ego at the door.
We thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. This position is only for candidates legally allowed to work in the US. EOE.