VP Data and Analytics – San Diego, CA
Want to change the world? Yeah, so do we. We started Veyo Logistics to make a difference in the lives of millions of people, and we’re always looking for amazing talent to help us reach that goal. Our headquarters are located in sunny San Diego, which means beautiful beaches, warm weather, and great events.
If you want to join an amazing team, work in a beautiful city, and love what you do, then we want to meet you. We are currently in search of a VP Data and Analytics to join our team. Read on, and if you think you’d be a good fit, please send us a resume.
- Become the in-house expert on Veyo’s business and all its data relevant to optimizing operational and financial performance. Define cross company data standards and metrics, hierarchies, and have the business insights to help identify/prioritize lead KPIs important for every function and stakeholder
- Continue to build and lead a team of talented data scientists, usability and visualization experts, and data scientists to drive the company’s ambitious endeavors to track, organize, and share data, algorithms, patterns, and insights on thousands of operational, performance, and financial measures
- Provide tactical and strategic direction in the areas of data management, analytics and visualization across our entire ecosystem. Collaborate with cross functional teams to drive best practices and ensure alignment and prioritization.
- Work with your team to develop quantitative models (e.g., forecast, operational, financial and statistical models of business trends). Generate ideas for exploratory analysis to shape future projects and provide recommendations for actions. Assess various possible projects for business ROI, and prioritize implementation for market.
- Develop processes for effectively converting research activity into product candidates
- Be responsible for the Predictive Analytics (Modeling) functions focused on both supervised and unsupervised learning. Leverage and adopt emerging analytic techniques including Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing (NLP).
- Present findings to senior management to drive business decisions.
- 10+ years of experience in in areas of data management including data architectures, databases, analytics development and BI.
- 3+ years of team leadership experience in advanced technical or operations environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics, Computer or a quantitative degree in another social science; MBA preferred
- Strong business literacy, including high comfort with financial statements, ROI analysis, leadership skills
- Familiar with SQL, databases, visualizing data using pivot tables in Excel, or BI tools such as Tableau.
- Familiar with large and multiple data sets/data warehouses and ability to pull from such data sets using relevant programs and coding.
- Comfortable executing with little oversight, able to adapt to problems quickly. Strong execution and organization.
- Entrepreneurial. Everywhere you go, you can’t help but mobilize people, build things, solve problems, roll up your sleeves, go above and beyond, raise the bar. You are an insatiable doer and driver.
Our ideal candidates will have some or all of the following:
Our San Diego team is a group of motivated go-getters, working together to make a difference. We’re looking for individuals with the following personality traits: Friendly, social, outgoing, positive, passionate, cool under pressure, detail-oriented, deadline oriented, quick learner, multi-tasker, great sense of humor.
As is typical in startups, we’re looking for people that love the opportunity to be involved in strategy and management at the top level, but also aren’t scared to get their hands dirty and do what needs to be done to make things happen!! We move quickly, and our team doesn’t know the meaning of “not my job.” We want people that want to get things done and can check their ego at the door.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. This position is only for candidates legally allowed to work in the US, located in San Diego county or looking to relocate to the area.