UI/UX Product Application Designer
San Diego, CA
Veyo is a technology company that is on a mission to improve the way patients get to and from their medical appointments. We are building technology to make patient transportation safer, smarter, and more connected. In the process, we’re transforming the entire industry.
At Veyo, you’ll help define the details of our product design by focusing on multiple facets of the design process including: UX research, interaction design, data visualization, prototyping, testing, and hi-fidelity mockups. You’ll work collaboratively with cross-functional teams including our talented product management, engineering, mobile, data science and marketing teams. In this role, you’ll be working on our next generation transportation technologies that includes portal dashboards and applications for both web and mobile devices. You’ll build a high-functioning user experiences by applying user-centered design, agile/lean UX methodologies, and design-driven innovation.
If you are passionate about user experience, can tell a story with data and think design has the power to make the world better place, then we would like to hear from you!
What You’ll Do at Veyo:
- Take the lead on UX/UI design projects through a complete user-centered design process
- Work on multiple design projects at one time with a variety of teams
- Think big to distil complicated problems into simple and elegant solutions
- Tell a story using data that can be quickly understood and allow users to act on the meaningful insights
- Work in an iterative workflow process and thrive in an environment with short feedback loops
- Explore conceptual mock-ups for new design patterns, interaction models and navigation schemes
The Skills and Experience We’re Looking For:
- 3 to 5 years experience in an application/product design work environment
- A degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Human Factors, Visual Communication or related field
- Knowledge of user-centered design principles and have applied these skills in past projects
- Knowledge of Google material design and iOS design principles
- Strong design and typographic skills with a visual aptitude (color theory, and layout)
- Proficiency with design tools including Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience prototyping using Axure, Framer, InVision, HTML/CSS/JS, After Effects or pen and paper
- Experience using data to inform design and product decisions
- Experience with data visualization software such as Tableau, Qlik, Power-BI, D3 and or VEGA
- An impressive portfolio demonstrating the successful delivery of innovative interface design solutions for web, desktop applications and/or mobile devices
- Front-end development knowledge (HTML, CSS, JS) is a plus
- CSS or JS framework knowledge (Angular, Bootstrap, React, Node.js) is a plus
Our San Diego team is a group of motivated go-getters, working together to make a difference. We’re looking for individuals with the following personality traits: Friendly, social, outgoing, positive, passionate, cool under pressure, detail-oriented, deadline oriented, quick learner, multi-tasker, great sense of humor.
As is typical in startups, we’re looking for people that love the opportunity to be involved in strategy and management at the top level, but also aren’t scared to get their hands dirty and do what needs to be done to make things happen!! We move quickly, and our team doesn’t know the meaning of “not my job.” We want people that want to get things done and can check their ego at the door.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. This position is only for candidates legally allowed to work in the US, located in San Diego County or looking to relocate to the area.