Director, Pricing and Market Analytics – San Diego, CA
Veyo is using its platform and app-based transportation services to reinvent the medical logistics world. Our company is using technology to pioneer new operational models to help make transportation more powerful and more reliable for the healthcare industry.
We’re looking for smart, fun-loving people to join our team, and are currently in search of a Director, Pricing and Market Analytics to be based out of our corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA.
- Work with Management to understand product roadmap, capabilities, business development goals, and operational/growth plans
- Work with Business Development and Senior Management to evaluate new opportunities, determine strategic fit, operational requirements fit, and financial impact of any needed product/service changes
- Forecast/model trips, modes, utilization, mileage, and other expenses and build reliable pricing and profitability models
- Build budget and performance targets/forecasts for each new account and/or market and consult with other team members to transition from planning to operational phase
- Build tools to assist market teams with tracking/reporting, modeling, and analytics, and collaborate with product team and management to recommend business intelligence tools and dashboards that enable market teams to monitor profitability and performance
- Support markets and other teams with financial analyses to drive operational enhancements and efficiencies
Our ideal candidates will have some or all of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA from top tier business school preferred
- Investment banking, VC, or other significant financial analysis background
- 4-6 years of operational experience, preferably with a technology company. Experience with healthcare or transportation industries a plus.
- Proven ability to build and lead teams and manage competing needs.
- Be highly analytical, comfortable working with data and statistics, experience with business intelligence and modeling, and operational analytics funnels
- Be extremely comfortable with technology including computers and mobile applications. Experience with a SAAS-based platform is a definite plus.
- Must possess some or all of the following demonstrable skills:
- Strategic thinking
- Strong leadership abilities, including the ability to build and manage a team
- Strong technical and quantitative skills
- Analytical and decisive
- Flexible to accommodate changes in the business, strategy, and technology
We like the following personality traits: Friendly, social, outgoing, positive, passionate, cool under pressure, detail-oriented, deadline oriented, quick learner, multi-tasker, great sense of humor.
As is typical in startups, we’re looking for people that love the opportunity to be involved in strategy and management at the top level, but also aren’t scared to get their hands dirty and do what needs to be done to make things happen! We move quickly, and our team doesn’t know the meaning of “not my job.” We want people that want to get things done and can check their ego at the door.
We thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. This position is only for candidates legally allowed to work in the US. EOE.