Market Lead – Virginia
Veyo is using its platform and app-based transportation services to reinvent the medical logistics world. Our company is using technology to pioneer new operational models to help make transportation more powerful and more reliable for the healthcare industry.
We’re looking for smart, fun-loving people to join our team, and are currently in search of a Market Lead for new business on the East Coast.
Read on, and if the company and role sound interesting, please send us a resume and a brief description of why you think you’d be a good fit.
- Manage a regional office for Veyo in Arlington or Richmond, VA, and serve as a trusted leader, providing oversight for all contracted transportation services in the assigned market
- Identify “on the ground” challenges and remove barriers to provide superior service
- Develop and execute strategies to educate local healthcare facilities and other stakeholders about Veyo; own local public relations, as well as key relationships with special interest groups, legislators, and 3rd party providers to create superior community partnerships
- Manage a local team to develop an active transportation provider network including both third party and independent drivers as applicable that is qualified and responsive; visit transportation providers to ensure quality of service, compliance, and proper capacity
- Handle all fiscal obligations; work with accounting and company leadership to align business model with profitability and analyze and optimize all revenue and expenses
- Become an expert in Veyo’s proprietary systems and collaborate with internal Product, Data Science, Platform, and Mobile teams to ensure that those tools used to their full potential
- Work with Legal & Compliance team to understand all operational, legal, and regulatory requirements to ensure that they are factored into operational plans
- Anticipate and attack problems before they occur; never settle for satisfactory but always strive for extraordinary
- Other duties as assigned
Our ideal candidates will have some or all of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5-10 years of operational experience, preferably with a technology company. Experience with healthcare or transportation industries a plus.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and demonstrated ability to communicate, present, and influence effectively in-person, via email, and over the phone
- Be a role model at handling tough conversations with community stakeholders and internal business partners in a professional, solution-oriented manner; highly skilled at de-escalating emotions to drive logical resolution
- Highly analytical, comfortable working with data and statistics
- Comfort with a variety of online and mobile technologies
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with the ability to track numerous details
- Flexible to accommodate changes in the business, strategy, and technology
- Willing to travel 30% or more as needed
We like the following personality traits: Friendly, social, outgoing, positive, passionate, cool under pressure, detail-oriented, deadline oriented, quick learner, multi-tasker, great sense of humor.
We’re looking for people that love the opportunity to be involved in strategy and management at the top level, but also aren’t scared to get their hands dirty and do what needs to be done to make things happen! We move quickly, and our team doesn’t know the meaning of “not my job.” We want people that want to get things done and can check their ego at the door.
We thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. This position is only for candidates legally allowed to work in the US. EOE.