Manager, Accounts Payable
Veyo is using its platform and app-based transportation services to reinvent the medical logistics world. Our company is using technology to pioneer new operational models to help make transportation more powerful and more reliable for the healthcare industry.
We’re looking for smart, fun-loving people to join our team, and are currently in search of a Manager, Accounts Payable.
The Manager, Accounts Payable will be responsible for the complete Accounts Payable (AP) process, including the company’s internal processes and procedures, vendor management, cash disbursements, employee expense report management, and the management and development of the AP team. Accountable for providing financial, clerical and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely and accurate invoicing and payments.
- Oversee and process invoices for payment and resolve discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Understand and enforce the review and approval process.
- Manage vendors and prepare weekly and ad-hoc cash disbursements.
- Month-end closing responsibilities including preparing and recording journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations for selected accrual accounts.
- Achieve efficiencies in the AP module of the Great Plains ERP system.
- Identify and implement process improvements related to productivity, expenses, personnel, etc.
- Create Standard Operating Procedure documents for department processes
- Routine review of invoice batches and related payments to ensure timely recording to the general ledger system.
- Manage schedule of non-standard vendor payments.
- Manage processing of monthly commission payments.
- Administer Concur Expense Reimbursement and Invoice Solutions, including user management, administrative functions and liaison with corporate representative.
- Provide audit support for internal and external requests.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Our ideal candidates will have some or all of the following:
- 7-10 years of accounts payable experience with a minimum of 3 years in a supervisory role.
- Outstanding customer service skills and the ability to work in a team setting with employees, managers and outside parties.
- Effective written and verbal communication with vendors.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize work to meet deadlines.
- Must have either Tier 1 or Tier 2 ERP systems experience.
- Able to multi-task, manage and prioritize multiple requests and/or projects at one time.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software, including Word and Excel.
- Must have experience administering Concur Expense Reimbursement and Invoice Solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
We like the following personality traits:
Friendly, social, outgoing, positive, passionate, cool under pressure, detail-oriented, deadline oriented, quick learner, multi-tasker, great sense of humor.
As is typical in startups, we’re looking for people that love the opportunity to be involved in business growth in a rapid changing environment, but also aren’t scared to get their hands dirty and do what needs to be done to make things happen! We move quickly, and our team doesn’t know the meaning of “not my job.” We want people that want to get things done and can check their ego at the door.
We thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. This position is only for candidates legally allowed to work in the US. EOE.